PFClean 2017 released
The wait is over. For 2017 PFClean steps further ahead of the competition, bringing digital and physical restoration even closer. With the introduction of our Digital Wet Gate, and the revamped Standards conversion, alternatives are no longer required.
Digital Wet Gate
Fast, non-destructive and unlike its physical counterpart – harmless. The Digital Wet Gate reduces the divide between physical and digital restoration, removing scratches, dust/dirt and other optical anomalies quickly and in one single pass.
- A completely new processing node in PFClean’s renowned Workflow Manager
- Produces comparable optical results to film scanner/telecine wet gate
- Pre-process footage prior to more detailed restoration in Workbench
- All new texture management engine for noise/grain removal
- Remove dirt/dust/scratches in a single pass
- Remove printed dirt or scratches where wet film gate cannot
- Works at any resolution or colour depth
- GPU processing for fast, high quality output
Colour Management Pipeline
A completely non-linear, non-destructive colour management pipeline based on OCIO, designed for archival work, meaning colour space decisions can be made at a later date when needed.
- Convert multiple file types into a consistent colour space quickly and easily
- OpenColorIO (OCIO) colour management pipeline with support for ACES workflow
- Consistent colour management with a range of OCIO compatible applications
- View your restoration correctly on multiple display types
- Burn in colour space transforms per export
- Completely non-destructive
Expanded Standards Conversion Node
Cross convert video to film standards, film to video, or to the many new digital formats. Providing a boundless alternative to restrictive linear hardware solutions.
- Easier than ever to create multiple deliverable formats with streamlined user interface
- New GPU accelerated edge-preserving upscale algorithm*
- All output formats in a single, streamlined user interface
- Convert to multiple standards in one node
- Support for film & broadcast formats
*18fps for SD to HD, 8fps for HD to UHD conversion on single GPU
Extended Video Restoration Tools
Our archive focussed video restoration pipeline has been extended for 2017. We’ve deepened the toolset, and made video restoration more efficient to contribute our little bit to the great video archive race.
- Support for AJA video cards
- Video scopes for monitoring during capture
- Preview on external monitor
- Enhanced EDL batch import
- Integration with Smart Bins for EDL workflow
- Audio capture to common uncompressed formats such as .aiff or .wav
UI Changes and Software Enhancements
- Updated LUT switching in Cinema
- 1920 x 1200 minimum resolution
- Updated Media Bin Artwork
- Colour Management preferences panel
- Better scaling of fonts when using high resolution monitors
- Use EDLs to manage media in PFClean
- Smart Bins re-introduced (initially for EDL management)
- EDLs can be used to set up video import as well as managing file based media
- Improvements to OpenCL GPU processing
- Improvements to GPU card selection
Learn PFClean For Free
Get a Personal Learning Edition of PFClean to work through our tutorials, free of charge.